The Financial Controller is responsible for the accurate reporting towards management, shareholders, banks and other stakeholders in compliance with the applicable accounting regulation and the reporting/valuation rules and internal control procedures set by Management and by the Board of Directors. You will equally take the lead in the budget exercise, explain variances between actuals and budget and work on cash forecasts as well as prepare all reporting towards banks.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Review the monthly and quarterly reporting and ensure that all incoming invoices are properly accounted for in the correct analytical accounting dimensions.
- Review and validate, ahead of issuance, the outgoing invoices after verification of the achievement of revenue recognition milestones.
- Review of the proper recording of capital expenditures and ensure that the depreciation rules are properly followed.
- Participate in /review the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process and forecasting process (P&L, Cashflow,…).
- Lead in the preparation and drafting of the budget and forecast process.
- Prepare variance analyses, P&L and balance sheet analyses.
- Provide guidance to management on variances and based on your insights and relevant analyses, you formulate recommendations for management.
- Review statutory reporting as well as annual accounts.
- Review VAT declarations, corporate income tax calculations, withholding tax calculations etc.
- Interact with external auditors in their review of Norther’s accounts.
- Adopt a critical eye on the business processes and systems to help improve them.
- Take the lead in the risk management plan, ensure continuous monitoring and take actions to reduce the administrative risks to an acceptable level.
- Prepare reporting to banks including the Debt Service Cover Ratio calculation, management statements, financial model update and generally ensuring Common Terms Facility Agreement compliance from a reporting perspective.
- Review and document financial processes with a critical eye with the aim of continuously improvement.
- Work on “ad hoc” projects for management and provide advice and recommendations.
- Review the monthly payroll closing cycle.
- Review incoming invoices with a critical view.
- Keep track of changes in tax and accounting legislation.
- Coaching of personnel.
- University / Master in Finance or Management
- Finance background, knowledge of Belgium GAAP
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar function or audit environment
- Strong analytical skills, accurate and high degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Resilient to stress and able to respect deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Open to work in a small structure
- Willingness to maintain continuous professional development
- Native Language Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of French is appreciated
In addition to an attractive package (JC 326; including an electric or hybrid company car, insurances and CEA90 bonus,), the position offers intellectually exciting and challenging work in a dynamic company which, every day again, contributes to the Belgian and European climate targets.
Interested? Please send your detailed CV, together with a motivation letter, by e-mail to email@example.com mentioning “Vacancy Financial Controller” as subject thereof.