Currently one vacancy:
Junior Legal Counsel (Ostend)
(without experience or with a first experience)
Norther is an offshore windfarm – a total of 44 wind turbines – with a maximum capacity of 370 MW and which is situated partially in the Belgian territorial waters and partially in the Belgian Exclusive Economic Zone. Norther is producing green electricity since March 2019. This production supplies energy to an equivalent of about 400,000 households.
Norther’s shareholders are all parties which have the necessary expertise and experience in developing renewable energy projects. Norther is owned by two main shareholders: (i) Elicio: a renewable energy producer operating internationally; and (ii) Eneco: a major producer and supplier of electricity, natural gas and heat.
In order to support Norther’s legal department, Norther is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel (without experience or with a fist experience).
As junior legal counsel you will be involved in all legal matters of the company.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• you will render advise on a big variety of legal matters;
• you will assist in assessing, drafting and negotiating various contracts related to the offshore windfarm and/or the company; in this respect you will also assist in tender processes (preparing tender documentation, managing tender processes, negotiations, etc.);
• you will assist in the contract management of Norther’s existing main construction contracts (Balance of Plant Agreement and Turbine Supply Agreement) and the operations and maintenance contracts (Service and Availability Agreement and other long-term Operation and Maintenance Agreements to be procured);
• you will manage litigation files in concertation with Norther’s external lawyers;
• you will assist in the company’s corporate housekeeping;
• you will follow-up new legislation and recent case law in relation to (international) contract law, construction law, energy law, commercial and corporate law.
You will report to Norther’s General Counsel.
You will assist both the General Counsel and a Senior Legal Counsel.
• Master of Laws.
• You have a high interest in the offshore wind business and the legal aspect which come with that business (amongst others (international) contract law, construction law (including public procurement), energy law, commercial and corporate law). In addition, you are very eager to learn.
No experience is required as you will be coached by the General Counsel, as well as a Senior Legal Counsel. Moreover, a specific training plan will be developed for you.
• Native language Dutch with an excellent knowledge of English, both oral and in writing (and preferably a good knowledge of French).
• Excellent analytical, communication and drafting skills.
• Team player.
In addition to an attractive package (JC 326; including an eco-friendly company car, insurances and CEA90 bonus), the position offers intellectually exciting and challenging work in a dynamic company which, every day again, contributes to the Belgian and European climate targets.
Interested? Please send your detailed CV, together with a motivation letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Vacancy Junior Legal Counsel” as subject thereof.
Feel free to send in a spontaneous application (CV & Cover letter) by email to email@example.com